Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Did I Mention?

I'm trying to find ways to work into the conversation that my son is at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs this week.
  • "That will be $16.95." Did I tell you that my son is at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs?
  • What did I do this weekend? Oh, nothing. Although on Monday, we took Dean to the airport so he could fly to Colorado Springs to work out for the National Team coach at the Olympic Training Center.
  • Waiter? My chicken isn't thoroughly cooked. It's as rare as your chances of going to the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs. Where my son is.
  • Hi, I'm sorry my son couldn't come with me today. He's at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs. Working out with the National Team. What? I know he has never come to work with me before. I'm just saying. If he wanted to come with me, he couldn't. He's really, really training.
  • Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Let me call my son and tell him about your loss. He's at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs this week, so I will have to text him, because I'm sure he's way too busy Olympically training to pick up the phone.

I'm open to further suggestions.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You crack me up...

DT said...

maybe work in something about "hangin with Apolo"

Zed said...

How about these?

1. Fill it up please. My son usually pumps gas for me, but he can't this week because he had to leave for ... etc.
2. Hi, I'm returning these books. Do you have books on the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs? My son is there for the week to train.
3. Your child is so adorable! My son was adorable at that age too. Of course, he's all grown up now and out in Colorado Springs, at the Olympic Training Center. Who knew that he would grow into a young man who would go to the Olympic Training Center? We didn't, and yet he has ...

piglet said...

Nice! Everyone will be so impressed, they'll run when they see me comming.

Out of respect, you know.