Sunday, December 21, 2008

Sisyphus and Me

It's snowing again.  That's more snow over a half-inch of ice over ten inches of snow.


I shoveled it yesterday, but this morning you couldn't tell, and it had that crust of ice that was making the dogs slip, slide and fall into. I, being, um, slightly heavier, did not have a problem stomping through the ice, but the dogs were struggling.  Luckily, we were able to use the ruts in the roads for our walk, as the sidewalks are hard to use - stomp, stomp, stomp - stomping through the ice and then up to the shins in snow.


so to make a trail through our sidewalk, I had to crunch through the ice crust with my boots and shovel first and then shovel the crust and the fluffy filling off the path.

I've never measured the sidewalk length, but being that our lot is oversized by today's standards, and that it is on the inside corner of a cul-de-sac, I'm going to estimate it at a mile, maybe mile and a quarter.

It took me five pictures to photograph it all, which I offer you here (except the part up to the door because it didn't come out very well).

By the looks of things, tomorrow I'll have plenty of new snow to shovel.

So that's what I did this morning.  What did you do?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually, piglet, there was no snow in Charlotte, so I slept in.