- I will keep blogging. Thanks to shout-outs (strike that - that cliche is so 2004) -- thanks to votes of confidence and motivation from folks like Charlie Quimby and Dean and Drew. This has turned out to be fun and good exercise for the writing muscles.
- I will lose weight (a perennial favorite). I trained for a marathon last year and ended up with a stress fracture and a stress-induced ten extra pounds. They shall come off. Stay tuned - I'm sure it will weigh heavily in my posts for the next 14 weeks while I join a weight-loss challenge at my gym. Good-bye, chocolate chip cookies.
- I will paint more. Even though I spent a lot of time not painting last year, I did paint enough to show some progress. People are even starting to question my choice of subjects and ask me what I am trying to say, which is a big improvement over people just impressed that they can tell what the subject is supposed to be. I intend to continue to look for subjects that inspire me and confound others in 2005.
- I will watch TV less. Man, is it a motivation-sucking time-waster. So little good comes from TV watching. I shall resist the temptation to veg.
- And finally, I will finish that damn sweater I've been putting off knitting since last summer. If I can't figure out the neckline by myself I will ask (gulp) for help at the knitting shop.
Saturday, January 01, 2005
New Year Thoughts
Okay, it's hackneyed, filled with cliche pitfalls, but useful nonetheless. So here are my New Year's Resolutions. In bullet list form with a salute to Dean, aka Hubert Ice, aka Brendan Benedictus.