Monday, April 17, 2006

I can't help it.



I'm supposed to be on blog-strike, but I cannot stop myself from posting these pictures.

These were taken at the Pig Olympics in Moscow. Really.

And no, these beauties will not be tomorrow's bacon. Here's a real quote: "They go on to produce a new generation of sport pigs. They don't get eaten," said Alexei Sharshkov, vice-president of the Sport-Pig Federation (really. I know - awesome name). "How could you eat a competitor who is known around the world?" How true.

Here's another juicy quote from the article, thanks to the entrepid BBC News: "Each pig, dressed in a numbered bib, was carried squealing into the arena for each event."

These are my people.

I feel all squealy just thinking about it.

1 comment:

piglet said...

No more Easter ham for you.